Anchorage Northern Lights Tour - Forecasting/Seat Guarantee
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Anchorage, AK
- SMALL GROUPS! Maximum of 7 adventurers per guide
- Experience the star-filled beauty of Alaskan winter nights away from city lights
- Create lasting memories with portraits and photos
- Personalized forecast: Know before you go!
- Anchorage area hotel pick up and drop off included
The Aurora Borealis is one of the most amazing natural wonders on earth. Join us on a quest to view and photograph the Northern Lights in and around the greater Anchorage area.
We use innovative technology to forecast Aurora viewing conditions. Each night’s tour location is chosen to maximize your chances to view the lights. Our tour locations are chosen based on the weather forecast, aurora strength, and driving distance from Anchorage. Our team of experts will get you to the most strategic location possible to see the Northern Lights.
To ensure our guests go out on the best possible night(s) during their visit, we offer a valuable industry-exclusive forecasting/insurance service. This service is $20 per person. This non-refundable service fee includes a personalized Aurora forecast each night you are booked and provides you with the opportunity to either: join us on favorable nights, reschedule your tour to the next night you have reserved, or cancel your tour on unfavorable nights.
We use our fleet of comfortable tour vehicles as traveling base camps. Tours generally depart between 8-11 pm and return between 3-6 am, depending on the season and forecasted conditions.
Our minimum age to join this tour is 13
Due to ever-changing space and earth weather conditions, we recommend you book for each and every night you have available, beginning with the first night of your visit. This will maximize your chances of viewing success.
Price: $295.00 ($275.00 per person + $20 per person non refundable forecasting/insurance fee)
Departure Time: 8-11 PM depending on tour destination and aurora forecast
Duration: 5-9 hours depending on drive time to viewing location
Season: August 21st through April 21st
- Services of a professional Alaskan Aurora Guide
- Aurora Forecasting Service
- Web Quality Photographs and portraits
- Transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Snacks and hot drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off in Anchorage
- Gratuities for Guides (Recommend $20-40 per person)
- Private Tours are available for scenarios such as children under 13, early morning flights, marriage proposals, guests with mobility issues, or other unique circumstances.
- We require 2 guests minimum to operate a tour
- Hotel pick-up is available at Anchorage hotel locations only and NOT available for private residences (ie Airbnb or VRBO) or at Alyeska Resort.
- You will be charged a non-refundable $20 per person per night forecasting/insurance fee at the time of booking. If and when a tour departs on a night you have reserved a seat, you will be charged the balance of $275 per person.