Matanuska Glacier Summer Tour
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Experience a full-day hiking adventure with an experienced guide
- Wonderful photo opportunities of the majestic blue glacial ice
- All glacier hiking equipment is provided
- Hotel pickup/ drop-off included
The Matanuska Glacier is one of Alaska's premier destinations. At 27 miles long and 4 miles wide it is Alaska's largest glacier accessible by road. It also boasts one of the most accessible areas to walk on of any glacier in Alaska. Marvel at ice that formed thousands of years ago high in the Chugach Mountains. Your day will start with a magnificent scenic drive along the Glenn Highway with stunning mountain vistas and plenty of time for photo stops. Next we will drive to the toe of the glacier to dawn our ice cleats and helmets and begin exploring the glacier by foot. Each day is unique due to the dynamic nature of the glacier. We generally spend two hours and walk three miles on the ice. After exploring the glacier we will have lunch at a local eatery with stunning views of the glacier and surrounding scenery. Each tour will be customized to suit your group's interest. This is a once-in-a-lifetime bucket list opportunity to explore glacial ice!
Price: $295.00 per person + taxes/fees
Departure Time: Between 7:30 - 8:00 AM. Your expert guide will contact you between 7:00 AM - 7:15 AM with your exact pick-up time.
Duration: 8 Hours
- Services of a professional Alaskan tour guide
- Transportation in a clean and comfortable tour vehicle
- Walking tour of the glacier with glacier expert
- All glacier equipment
- Snacks and bottled water
- Our minimum age to join the tour is 8 years old. For groups with younger individuals, explore our Private Matanuska Glacier option.
- We require that participants wear sturdy, stiff-soled footwear while on this tour
- Please note pick up is available at hotel locations in Anchorage only. No pick ups available at private residences (ie Airbnb or VRBO) or at Alyeska Resort. These locations will depart from the nearest hotel or at our office downtown.